Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Tex-Mex Cheese and Spinach Muffins by Chef Bari



Please head down to the recipe if you rather not read my story of Pinterest.

Here's the thing about Pinterest :

As an experienced Chef I'm very leery to the recipes on Pinterest.  Food photos on Pinterest look good, but NOT necessary, are the recipes any good. Therefore, before I begin any baking recipe I have a closer look at the ingredients and the method in how they go about preparing it. 

Most of the time I end up making up my own recipe to make it work and to also make it a lot easier for my viewers.  

For example, most people can relate to cups then any other measurement.  It's faster and soooo much easier to follow. 

My baking skills go way back to my kid days as my parents owned a Spudnut Shop in Vernon, BC.  Knowing too well what the restaurant life is actually like, I went to Okanagan and Cariboo College before I ended up taking my Culinary Arts Program at NAIT (Northern Alberta Institute of Technology).

After over twenty-five years in the culinary industry, working at finer hotels and private clubs, I made my fun cookbook, Canadian Recipes of the Great White North, the one and only great Canadian cookbook. 

Anyway, on to my recipe : 

Tex-Mex  Cheese and Spinach Muffins by Chef Bari

The fast and easy muffin for those in a hurry.

FIRST :  Pre-heat Oven to 350 degrees F 

Ingredients

Place Wet ingredients into blender : 

2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups of shredded Tex-Mex Cheese ( optional to use your choice of sharp cheddar or Feta cheese chunks )
1 cup of cooked spinach ( place fresh spinach into the microwave for fast results. A couple of minutes.)
1 cup Milk 
1/4 cup of olive oil (  I used coconut oil, because apparently it's the new trend)
1/2 teaspoon of salt 

Method

Blend all the wet ingredients together. ( I like to use a blender, but this is optional)


NEXT

DRY ingredients : 

2 cups Flour
2 teaspoons baking powder


Place sifted flour and baking powder together in large bowl.  Stir evenly throughout.


NEXT

Important : Combine the the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Just to mix. Don't over mix or your muffins will end up tough. 


Spray your muffin tin well. 


Either by large spoon or ice cream scope, fill each tin to the very top.  Place muffins into the pre-heated 350 degree oven and bake for 25 minutes. 


TIP : Take out and let rest in tins for 5 minutes. This way your muffins get time to cool off a little and easier to remove from the muffin tin. 


TO SERVE : 

These muffins can be served a bunch of different ways, but I enjoy them with a nice slice of fresh tomatoes and sharp cheddar cheese or some enjoy feta cheese.  You can even melt some nice sharp cheddar cheese on top. So many options to choose from. The fresh tomato really adds to the flavour of the muffin.

I hope you enjoy my efforts in Cook'n up a storm with Chef Bari

Please take a minute to support my efforts by buying my cookbook, Canadian Recipes of the Great White North by Chef Bari

ALSO : 

Let's say you decided to NOT use the blender for your WET ingredients - you can, but it takes longer to prepare.  If NOT using a blender you can fine-cut fresh Spinach to equal 2 cups (fresh only) and add your other ingredients into another bowl.  You can whisk together by hand using wire whip.

TIP:  Always add WET ingredients to DRY ingredients. Golden Rule. 

Well.  Another recipe by Chef Bari - have a wonderful day Cook'n Up a Storm ! 

Up Close and Personal with Tex-Mex Cheese and Spinach Muffin by Chef Bari
Join my Facebook with Canadian Recipes of the Great White North,  The Great Canadian Cookbook by Chef Bari and my Christmas Cookbook featuring  a free Christmas E-book with Christmas recipes and photos. Here's my FREE Christmas Cookbook - enjoy ! An early Christmas gift from Chef Bari to YOU.

And of course my cookbook : Canadian Recipes of the Great White North - the original Great Canadian Cookbook since 2003.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you make a comment, please allow for moderation. Thank you in advance for your support.