Monday, June 15, 2015

Aioli Dressing by Chef Bari

Today is a nice sunny warm day for June, so I thought it would be fitting to make a nice rich Aioli Dressing for my Fresh Romaine Lettuce.


Aioli is an emulsion of oil, garlic and vinegar.  The original Aioli is a Provençal sauce made with just garlic, olive oil and egg yolks, but of course, I, Chef Bari had to spice it up a bit to make this dressing a rich  tasting dressing bursting with freshness.

Check out a bunch of recipes with my published cookbook : Canadian Recipes of the Great White North - it's wild, Canadian and fun for the whole family. From outdoors, home recipes to desserts with great illustrations made specially for children's viewing.  It makes a great souvenir and a very useful cookbook. It's Canadian and unique from the rest. 

My Aioli dressing recipe is as such : 

Ingredients:
1 large egg
1 teaspoon of mustard 
1/2 fresh Lemon - squeeze separately in small bowl and remove seeds
2 tablespoons of White Vinegar ( you may add red wine vinegar if you like - I usually use what I have at hand in my pantry)
3 cloves of fresh minced garlic
3/4 cup of Olive Oil or Grapeseed Oil (Today I had Grapeseed Oil available, so I used this fresh light oil instead)
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt ( again use what salt is at hand - regular table salt will do the trick)
A pinch of Black Pepper ( it would be nice to use White Pepper, but once again, I just had Black Pepper available)
A pinch of dry Cayenne Pepper ( if you don't like to spice things up, this ingredient can be omitted)

Method

1. Add one whole egg into cup mixer of your choice. (If available, use your blender. I used my handy Braun hand held mixer. It comes with all the right attachments, including the plastic cup. As you can see by my photo, my Braun is an older model and well used.) P.S. - I should get paid for selling their produce - but it really is a handy tool in your kitchen.
2. Add your choice of mustard, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of vinegar, fresh minced garlic, dry cayenne pepper, sea salt and black pepper 
3. Mix together well. 
4. Now - keep blending mixture as you add your oil in a steady stream. If you over do it, just stop. Mix well and keep going. 
5. Add rest of vinegar (1 tablespoon) and finish mixing it in. 
6. Wrap and place in fridge until ready to use.


At this point, you need to cut up a couple of Romaine hearts, wash and rinse well.  Add the Aioli Dressing to your specific taste. Myself, I like lots ! 
Mix with chopped Romaine.  To Plate :  Add Romaine already mixed with dressing. Top with fresh grated Parmesan. Garnish with fresh lemon wedge and maybe fresh cherry tomatoes and even English cucumbers- it's really your choice. 

And last - Bon appetite!



I hope you enjoy my recipes and appreciate it for supporting my efforts by buying my published cookbook: 



Thank you,

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you make a comment, please allow for moderation. Thank you in advance for your support.