Monday, March 16, 2015
Chicken Fettuccine Carbonara by Chef Bari
Pasta has been a part of my family, since my Mom comes from a Italian family, The Varze's. My grandfather was born in Italy.
Anyway- LETS GET COOKING!
Today's dish is Chicken Fettuccine Carbonara
2 raw chicken breast cut into cubes (Tip: Cut slightly frozen - easier and unformed pieces)
6 pieces of raw bacon
2 cups sliced Fresh Mushrooms
2 tablespoons of fresh minced garlic (Tip: Try to always use fresh garlic and not the already process garlic in a jar. The fresher the better quality.)
1/2 cup of cut Green onions
4 tablespoons of Olive Oil
1 - 33 % whipping cream ( 1/2 Litre liquid)
Fettuccine for 4 guests
Optional: Buy a nice loaf of fresh French Bread
1. Get all your ingredients ready cut and portioned - as shown in my photo.
2. Next - Place your pot with water on the stove for cooking fettuccine. Get that going.
3. Take out your deep Brasier sauté pan, placing on the top burner on medium heat. Add Olive Oil.
4. Once heated, begin by adding the cut bacon and mushrooms at the same time - sauté for 5 minutes. (Tip: Add the mushrooms will prevent the bacon from sticking to pan.)
5. Now add your raw chicken cubes and minced garlic, cook until done. Keep mixing.
6. Add fresh green onions, mix evenly throughout.
7. Now add 33% whipping cream. It's important to keep stirring, you may turn down your heat to low.
8. Your water should be ready to add your fettuccine. Cook Fettuccine until el dente - to the bite.
9. Drain fettuccine and add to your sauté pan with the creamy chicken and ingredients. Mix throughout.
10. Add some fresh Parmesan - take off stove and serve to your guests.
Voila - Bon Appetite!
Thank you for checking out my recipes and don't forget to join me on Facebook. I also appreciate your support in buying my published cookbook :
By Chef Bari