Chefs across North America use this well-known procedure in making turkey stuffing for Thanksgiving and Christmas Banquets. Bari has a smaller version that you can make in your home for family and friends. With this recipe I like rolling up with bacon...what a tasty treat.
|Stuffing Roll by Chef Bari http://chefbari.com/|
Preheated Oven : 350 degree F
- 1 Loaf of Bread (cut into cubes)
- 1/2 sweet white onion finely diced
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 3 teaspoons of Powder Sage
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon of Poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoon of Chicken base
- 1/2 cup of cooked diced giblets
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 1/2 pound of bacon ( you can wrap stuffing with bacon - very tasty)
Join Us - Facebook :Canadian Recipes of the Great White North - LIKE US
- Get a loaf of bread ( your choice - white, brown or whole wheat)
- Cut the bread into small cubes and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Saute onions and add to mixing bowl
- Add two whole eggs
- Add seasonings: 3 teaspoons of powder Sage, 1 teaspoon of salt. 2 teaspoons of black pepper and 1 teaspoon of Poultry seasoning
- Add 1/2 cup of chicken stock ( place in microwave for 30 seconds)
|Turkey Stuffing Roll - Baked in the Oven by Chef Bari http://chefbari.com/|
- Add 2 teaspoons of chicken base and 1/2 cup of cooked diced giblets or cooked turkey pieces
- The chicken base helps to add a nice flavor to your stuffing.
- Add 1/4 cup of melted butter
- Mix all the ingredients within the mixing bowl by hand
Here's the fun part:
- Take 12 inches or more of Aluminum wrap and lay it out flat on your table.
- Now - take saran wrap - 10 inches and place it flat within the Aluminum wrap.
- Take your mixture of stuffing and place it out evening within the saran wrap. Form it into a long roll - up to ten inches long. Wrap the saran wrap within the long roll and tighten the ends by rolling the saran wrap in a twist.
- (Optional): Wrap with bacon throughout the stuffing roll
- Tie the ends with extra saran wrap - both ends.
- You should have a long roll of stuffing.
- Now - roll within the Aluminum wrap and place on a baking sheet. Poke the roll with holes using a fork. Just shallow pokes along the roll.
- Place the baking sheet of rolled stuffing into your pre-heated oven of 350F and let cook for 45 minutes or 30 minutes if wrapped with bacon.
- Note: If you wrapped with bacon - remove aluminum wrap and let cook for another 15 minutes until bacon is crispy - oh what a treat you will taste :)
- Bring out and let cool for 15- 20 minutes. Open up and cut into thick slices. You can either place around your plate of turkey or have it's own plate of sliced round pieces of stuffing.
You have just learned how to cook stuffing just like we do in large restaurants or banquets. This procedure is very common practice within the hospitality industry. Very rare will we cook stuffing within the cavity of a turkey.
HOW TO COOK A TURKEY BY CHEF BARI
Please support Chef Bari by Purchasing his Cookbook - Canadian Recipes of the Great White North - thank you in advance.